May 20, 2010
Family Portrait Storyboard
My storyboard special edits are a hot item lately! Besides this one, I have 3 more packages I will be designing storyboards for. It's fun to create a custom look for each family's group of photos. This storyboard was based on a special edit I did last year, but definitely customized to fit the pictures from their shoot.
Here's how I did the blue background:
1. Flat colored base. I chose the color with the hues and shades of the photographs in mind.
2. Texturized so it looks a little like linen-finished paper.
3. Decorated with a subtle floral brush in a darker shade than the base color.
4. A custom texture overlay to add a little more depth.
5. A second layer of floral brushwork. Done!