Sep 1, 2014

Transitioning your Summer Wardrobe Into Fall | Atlanta 2014 Fall Fashion


A Note from Marchet: Meet Leah Kruszka, a super-awesome friend and fashion consultant & personal sylist with CAbi. I've asked Leah to write up some of her top fall fashion advice for us here in the Alpharetta, Milton, and Roswell area. She has so many great ideas. Read on!

Finding a balance between fashionable and practical can be a challenge when you are in between seasons. We want to hold on to our sandals and flip-flops as long as we can, but we also long for the temperatures to drop. When fall rolls around, I transition as many of my summer pieces as I can into my fall wardrobe. By pairing them with more cool-weather pieces, I can style fresh, new looks from my summer clothes without completely reinventing my wardrobe.

Here are a few ways you can get more life out of your favorite summer clothes:
  • Pair a tweed jacket and wedge booties with your favorite summer shorts.
  • Wear a long cardigan and booties with shorts for a more boho vibe. The CAbi Oatmeal Confetti Sweater is great for this look.

  • Throw a cable knit sweater over a summer dress or romper (like this Zipper Pullover) for a whole new look. Add a pair of cognac oxfords and you are ready for fall!
  • Pull out your neutral & darker nail polishes for the fall. My favorites are "Bordeaux” by Essie, “Chanelle” by Zoya, and “Thank Glogg it's Friday” by OPI.
  • Throw a denim jacket over a flirty summer frock and add some tights if it’s chilly.
  • Layer a faux fur vest, like the Infinite Vest, over a favorite little black dress.



No comments:

Post a Comment