Oct 4, 2012

My New (Old) Hobby | Pencil Illustration

Photography used to be my hobby, but now it's definitely more "work" than play. So, lately, I've been going back to illustration as a creative outlet. I developed my drawing skills in high school--and it's literally been years since I've taken on a project like this.

This illustration was a surprise for my friend's birthday. I borrowed a few old photographs from her daughter--you can see the image I used to the left of the illustration--and tried to go for that older vintage-portrait feel with my drawing.

Thanks to my trusty camera, I can have a record of my work, even though I gave the original away to my friend today. In the future, I hope I'll be good enough to move on to pen and ink, but right now, pencil and eraser are my medium of choice (mostly because of the eraser--grin).


No comments:

Post a Comment