Feb 28, 2009

Senior Sisters: Senior Portrait Session

















Don't these two senior sisters jump off the screen? They're so glamorous! Thanks to amazing light from the twilight sun and some fun effects in post processing (love the color on that third and fifth one!), these images really work as both senior portraits and head shots for the girls' budding modeling career. You can see more of their work at Amelie Photography. One of the owners is a friend and inspired me to get into the photography business in the first place.

I had so much fun with lens flare and natural rim light! I have been focusing on that kind of light lately, and it's great to see the work pay off. My favorites? So hard to choose, but of course the first one is my favorite. The pose was the girls' idea and I really worked in post to slightly overexpose their faces and bring out those gorgeous brown eyes. I also love the straight-faced shots especially the second shot and the profile shot of her sister in the same setting. Mom will love the smiles (she made sure I got some teeth in there!), so I think everyone will be happy with the results.

I did a fun little special edit for the girls using their last portrait. This 4x6 card has two versions: the first version with one sister facing towards you and the second one with the portrait flipped and the names rearranged accordingly. These two are close friends, but I thought it would be nice if they each had a version where their face was facing right side up. They can use these for graduation announcements or get wallets made and have them for yearbook signing day. Enjoy, girls! And congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment