Aug 19, 2015

Retouching Time Lapse Video | Three Sisters

It's about time I put together my own YouTube channel. (I've been a YouTube fan for years.) My son is drooling over having his own YouTube channel for Minecraft videos, so I know I'm going to be busy learning the ins and outs for both of us!

Here's my first official video: a time lapse of my editing process of a portrait I took of three sisters. They were adorable and this image that I edited was a result of a last minute decision to do some studio-style black and whites outside.

What I hope you'll notice about my retouching process is its similarity to painting. Yes, it's pixels I'm working with, but building up layers, adding contrast, shadow, and painting details is something any fine artist does. Enjoy the video--it's only 2 minutes!


The finished image: 


No comments:

Post a Comment