Nov 11, 2011

Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents | Roswell GA Extended Family Photographer

Every once and a while, I feel like I'm the recipient of miracles -- like the weather for this extended family shoot a couple weeks ago. All week, the weather had been beautiful, but the forecast for Friday (our day of the shoot) was predicted rainy; it fluctuated from a 30% to a 100% chance of rain. We ended up making tentative for a Saturday shoot if we were rained out--though I was running a half marathon Saturday morning and we would have had to be in a separate location that afternoon.

Then, Friday came. The weather was holding, but I knew it would be pushing our luck if we waited until our originally planned time. So, on very short notice, everyone dressed in their coordinating clothes, and I found a babysitter who could take my son at the last minute. We did the shoot. It was a lot of people, a lot of kids. But it worked. And just as I was finishing up the last portrait, we felt the first raindrops falling down. I'm so grateful the heavens held back enough for us to capture these family pictures.

And yes, I did run the next morning, all 13.1 miles. What a weekend for blessings!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment