Jan 17, 2009

Windy, Wonderful Day: Couple Portraits












I spent a glorious couple of hours editing photos this morning and finishing the faux antique image you see at the top of this post. It's nice to be back doing some creative work after all the doctor's visits, pharmacy phone calls, and insurance hassles I've had to deal with these past two weeks. (Our son has cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease that causes chronic lung, sinus, and digestion problems.)

I love the images from this shoot, especially the ones set against the sky. And that wind-swept hair (though it was giving my clients a bit of trouble) makes for a romantic look, especially on the second image. We were lucky to have some time to take both indoor and shots, so we took advantage of the brightly-colored walls as a background. And then we had to do a few at the pool table.

While the guy channeled Paul Newman from The Hustler, I asked the gal to pose beside the table as his "moll." It was a fun image to set up. Then came the post processing. Oh, it took a long time. Such a long time. Because this was the first photo I'd done as an antique, it took me a while to research and try out all the methods to get it right. This image has over 17 layers in the uncompressed file. Whew! Well, it was worth it. I'm pleased with the look of the old parchment-style paper, the tears, the rips, and (if you look carefully) the subtle spot color of the green felt.

I was inspired by these images and tutorials for the vintage-style photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment